Frequently Asked Questions
- Are there any scholarships or financial assistance/ aid available at COMSATS University?
Yes, in order to make quality education accessible, COMSATS University Islamabad, Lahore Campus offers different types of Scholarships/ Financial aids to its meritorious and needy/ deserving students.
Details of all available scholarships/ financial aids can be checked at the following web link:-
- When and how to apply for a scholarship?
Students should apply for a scholarship/ financial aid within 15 working days of the start of classes in each semester. Scholarship application forms are available at the University’s photocopy/ book shops, SFAO office, and at CUI-website. The filled form along with required documents should be submitted to SFAO/ SSC front desk window.
Keep in mind, for exact dates to apply for scholarship, University makes announcement through website in each semester.
- How do I know if I am eligible to apply for a scholarship?
Only meritorious and needy/ deserving students can apply for a scholarship. The details of eligibility criteria of each scholarship can be viewed at the following web link:-
- Can I apply for a scholarship/ financial aid during the semester?
Only those students whose financial situation changes drastically due to unforeseen circumstances e.g. retirement, death, layoffs from job etc. can apply for financial assistance during the semester/ year. For this purpose, special permission should be taken from Director Office.
- What are the criteria for awarding a scholarship/ financial aid?
The Financial Aid Committee assesses the financial need of students and determines whether or not the student’s family has adequate resources to support the fee at CUI. The need is determined on the basis of the financial credentials submitted by the students.
- Is it mandatory to submit Financial Aid Form online and in hard copy?
Yes, it is mandatory for all applicants to submit the Financial Aid Form online as well as in a printed form along with required documents.
- How much amount will I get through different scholarships?
Each scholarship carries different amount; it may be partially or fully funded depending on the donor (like HEC, PEEF, Ihsan Trust) offering scholarships.
- What if I am unable to maintain the required GPA/ CGPA in a semester?
If a student fails to maintain the required GPA/CGPA in a semester, his/ her scholarship stands suspended until he/ she again attains the required academic standing.
- Can I avail two scholarships at the same time?
No, a student can only avail one scholarship at a time.
- Are labor quota students eligible for other scholarships?
No, Labor Quota Scholarship is already fully funded. It covers all areas of fee, hostel, transport, and stipend, that is the reason such students can’t apply for other scholarships. Eligibility criteria for admission on Labor quota can be checked at CUI Lahore website.
- What are my chances of receiving a scholarship?
Since scholarships are available in a limited number, so it’s uncertain whether or not all students who are fulfilling basic eligibility of a scholarship will get that scholarship/ financial aid.
- Can I get financial help in the first semester?
Financial help offered by CUI is available from the 2nd semester onwards depending on a student’s CGPA. In order to avail other scholarships (if offered by the donor) like HEC, PEEF, and Ihsan Trust, students should apply in the 1st semester.
- How can a student get Government Benevolent Fund scholarship?
Children of Federal and provincial government employees can apply for Benevolent Fund scholarships by getting the forms from Benevolent Fund offices or from their websites. Further details on the subject can be obtained from SFAO office.
- Can I pay fee in Installments?
Yes, a student can pay his/ her fee in two equal installments after confirmation/ approval from SFAO/ Additional Treasurer Office.
- What is meant by physical verification?
The Office of Financial Aid has the right to physically verify the authenticity of the credentials provided by the beneficiary student. It may include a visit to the student’s house/ work place, or inquiry from neighbors. Verification can occur at any time throughout the year.
- How will I know if I have been successful with my scholarship application?
Please bear in mind that you will receive an email confirming the result of your scholarship application. You can also check the status of your application on your web portal. Furthermore, SMS is also sent on the contact numbers provided by the students.
- Can a student appeal for rechecking the financial aid decision?
Yes, the Financial Aid Office accepts rechecking requests only in those cases where a student has additional information to declare, which he/ she might have missed during the preliminary evaluation.
- How can students/ applicants contact SFAO office?
Students/ applicants can approach SFAO office for their queries/inquiries in the following ways:-