QARZ E HASNA
COMSATS has launched the Qarz-e-Hasna scheme for helping those students who are not eligible for any of the scholarships offered and are in need of financial assistance.
The Qarz-e-Hasna may be awarded, partly or fully, against any or all of the following:
- Tuition Fee and other regular fees
- Hostel rent, user charges and mess charges (for hostels operated /designated / approved by the Institute)..
All financially constrained students are eligible to apply for this scheme. The following will be eligible for award of Qarz-e-Hasna:
- A student who has been granted admission on merit through normal course
- He/ she is not an employee anywhere
- He/ she and his/her parents/guardian are financially unable to pay the fees and he/ she cannot pursue studies due to financial constraints.
How to Apply
- Application forms (also downloadable from Institute’s website) will be available at the concerned office of each Campus.
- At the start of each semester, the qarz-e-hasna award committee, after compiling all the information on the amount of funds available, will call for the applications for the award of Qarz-e-Hasna through wide publicity, giving reasonable time (not less than 15 days) limit to the applicants.
- All efforts will be made to ensure the integrity of Qarz-e-Hasna awards and for making sure that only the most deserving students succeed in securing Qarz-e-Hasna as per decided policy.
- A needy student may apply, on prescribed form, for Qarz-e-Hasna under this scheme within the notified time limit.
- The candidate shall furnish information about the following on the application form:
Section A: Personal and family information.
Section B: Cumulative information of Self, Parents & Guardian Assets.
Section C: Financial arrangements for current year
Section D: Educational Record.
The student who is awarded Qarz-e-Hasna shall provide a Guarantee, on the prescribed format, acceptable to CIIT before release of 1st Installment.
It is the candidate’s responsibility to provide the most accurate information on his/her application form. Incorrect/ false information will result in any or all of the following:
- Cancellation of admission
- Rustication from the institute.
- Initiation of legal proceedings.
- Disqualification for award of any future Qarz-e-Hasna.
- Refund of all the payments received out of the fund, with or without a penalty, not exceeding the total amount of Qarz-e-Hasna.
Award of Scholarship
- The applications will be scrutinized by the concerned office and will be placed before the Award Committee for its consideration and recommendations.
- Qarz-e-Hasna will be awarded on approval of the Director. A student who has been awarded Qarz-e-Hasna will have to submit an undertaking on Judicial Paper (Prescribed Format) regarding repayment of Qarz-e-Hasna within the stipulated time.
- The Qarz-e-Hasna under the Qarz-e-Hasna Rules will be awarded to the students on semester basis.
- The amount, on account of Qarz-e-Hasna, will be disbursed to the students through an authorized bank branch by the respective campus and a student who has been awarded Qarz-e-Hasna will need only renewal of it in the subsequent semesters subject to his/her satisfactory performance.
The borrower shall repay the Qarz-e-Hasna in equal monthly installments or in lump sum (for the total or the balance amount, as the case may be), starting at the end of six months from the date of his/ her first employment or one year from the date of his/ her completion of the program of study at the Institute, whichever is earlier. The maximum period for complete repayment of the Qarz-e-Hasna is TEN (10) years from the day of disbursement of first installment of Qarz-e-Hasna. The concerned campus shall ensure timely recovery of Qarz-e-Hasna advanced under these rules.
Mr. Nisar Ahmad