DANISH: a society for promoting knowledge
CUI Lahore Library is a hub of knowledge and provides information services to faculty and students. The library also organized different programs to enhance the reading habits among library patrons. Information literacy programs, orientation sessions, Book Fairs, Celebration of World Book Day are the major sources for the library to not only interact with the library users but also to market the library resources to its patrons.
To organize such programs, the library staff needs human support form faculty particular from students. With the partnership of students, library holds such good events in past and plan to arrange in future as well. Library is also planning to establish "Book Bank", on the basis of donated books from the students and for the students, of CUI Lahore. This is only possible with the support of students. For this purpose, we are going to establish DANISH Society at CUI Lahore.
- Will launch awareness campaign in students and urge senior batches to donate their used course books for Book Bank.
- Will request / motivate faculty members to donate their used / complimentary books to library for Book Bank
Celebrations of World Book Day
- With the help of library staff, the Library Society members will organize the Book Fair for faculty and students of CUI Lahore.
- Will motivate students to visit the fair and read the latest books on their relevant discipline.
Information Literacy Programs
- Will organize the events to celebrate the World Book Day, to highlight the importance of books and reading material in the society.
- Will motivate students to participate in all the events, organized by the Library Society.
- With the help of library officials, the Library Society will organize lectures, workshops, seminars, orientation session to provide the information about library resources and services.