What is the Quality Assurance (QA)?
Quality assurance (QA) is a systematic process of determining whether a product or service meets specified requirements.
For education sector it is a systematic process of an institution or programs to determine that acceptable standards of scholarship, education and infrastructure are being met, maintained and enhanced or not.
Quality assurance in higher education includes all policies, measures, planned processes and actions through which the quality of higher education is maintained and developed. Quality of higher education can be described as the degree to which the education meets the client’s needs and demands. In this respect higher education has two different clients: students and society.
What is Quality Assurance Agency (QAA)?
Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) is a policy making and monitoring body for maintenance and enhancement of quality in higher education. It is involved in systematic implementation of quality enhancement procedures/criteria to attain improved levels of international compatibility and competitiveness at institutional and program level.
For further information please click here
What is Self-Assessment (SA)?
Self-Assessment (SA) is an evaluative exercise conducted by the institution/ department itself to assess whether or not programs meet their educational objectives and outcomes. It is done to improve the program’s quality and enhance the students’ learning, along with establishing acceptable norms of reliability and validity in the university’s certified output.
What is the role of the Program Team (PT)?
The Program Team (PT) collects and records information/data related to an on-going program in a department, as per the requirements of the Self Assessment Manual, and prepares the Self Assessment Report.
The Program Team is formed by the HoD and comprises two faculty members from within the department. The responsibilities of a Program Team (PT) include:
- Compiling the report by responding to each criteria/ standards given in the SA manual and integrating the collected information / feedback.
- Collecting relevant data on faculty, students, libraries, laboratories and infrastructure.
- Getting SA Performa filled by faculty, students, alumni and employers.
- Writing summaries of feedback received through Performa.
- Analyzing the feedback and drawing conclusions.
- Writing a foreword giving brief history of the program, particulars of the PT, date of starting / finalizing report writing.