About ICP 2017
The International Day of Peace is observed annually on 21st September. It is dedicated to peace, and specifically the absence of war and violence. In 2013, for the first time, the Day has been dedicated to peace education. Peace psychology is 48th Division of American Psychological Association. This Division works to promote peace in the world at large and within nations, communities and families. Peace psychology is also being taught as a course at BS and MS levels in foreign and Pakistani universities. With special reference to Islamic republic of Pakistan, Islam is a religion of peace.
Department of Humanities COMSATS Lahore is pleased to announce 1st International Conference on Peace, Conflict, and Violence (29th -30th November, 2017). The conference is aimed to expand our understanding of the subject and highlight its scope in Pakistan. The scientific and conceptual papers and expert lectures will expand the vision of participants especially in the context of present and future geopolitical situation of Pakistan and neighbor countries. The national and international research work will enlighten the participants with latest trends in the field of peace psychology using latest techniques and tools. We welcome quantitative, qualitative, and conceptual papers focusing on the following themes.
- Aggression and violence
- Human rights (civil, political, economic, social, and cultural rights) and violation of Human rights as structural violence
- Social inequalities, criminology, and pursuit of social justice
- Neuropsychology of peace, conflict and violence
- Extremism &Terrorism
- Nationalism and War, Confronting the Psychological Environment of War War in the Twenty-first Century
- The Psychosocial conditions and psychosocial effects of war and violence
- Pakistani media and peace building
- Peace psychology in the context of current geopolitical situation of Pakistan and neighbors